Space Tourism and Aviation Organizations
- Armadillo Aerospace - Mesquite, Texas based company focused on the VTVL (vertical takeoff, vertical
landing) suborbital passenger flights. Working in cooperation with Space Adventures.
- Astrium - European based subsidiary of EADS providing civil and military space systems and services including
satellites, space transportation, and related services. Designing a space jet for space tourism that will take off using traditional jet engines from traditional airports, and later utilize rocket engines once
- Bigelow Aerospace - North Las Vegas, Nevada based aerospace company specialized in expandable space station
modules. It is focusing on creating a market for flexible, configurable space habitats.
- Blue Origin - Kent, Washington based aerospace and space tourism company founded by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos.
Designers of the New Shepard spacecraft, focusing on sub-orbital spaceflight. Focused on development of rocket powered VTVL (vertical takeoff, vertical landing) spacecraft for suborbital and orbital travel.
- Boeing - Designers of the CST-100, X-37, and X-40 spacecraft series.
- Citizens in Space - United States Rocket Academy project tracking citizen space exploration initiatives.
- Excalibur Almaz - Isle of Man based company offering deep space missions, payload delivery, low earth orbit cargo,
and crew delivery and return. Planning to offer lunar and deep space services.
- Orbital Science - Vienna, Virginia based company offering satellites, rockets, and now creating a VTHL (vertical takeoff,
horizontal landing) spaceplane.
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Space Systems - Sparks, Nevada based company contracted with the US military, private
spaceflight organizations, and NASA. Designers of the Dream Chaser, which is a VTHL (vertical-takeoff, horizontal-landing) crewed suborgital and orbital spaceplane.
- Space Adventures - Vienna, Virginia based space tourism company which was the first private company to send a
space tourist into space. They offer zero-gravity atmospheric flights, spacewalks, orbital spaceflights, and astronaut training.
- Space Island Group - California based company focusing on the development of the Space Island Project, a
stand-alone commercial spacestation targeted to low earth orbit (LEO) operations.
- Space X - located in Hawthorne, California. Elon Musk (of Paypal) founded this company which has developed the
Falcon 1, Falcon 9, and Dragon targeting cargo at first and then human space travel. It was the first private company to send cargo to the International Space Station.
- Virgin Galactic - will provide sub-orbital spaceflights to space tourists as well as suborbital launches for space
science missions and small satellite orbital launches. Part of the Virgin Group.
- XCOR Aerospace - Mojave Spaceport, California founded company with headquarters in Midland, Texas. Creators of the
EZ-Rocket, Rocket Racer, Mark-I X-Racer, and LOX-methane rocket engines.